Saturday, January 23, 2016

After Signing Cespedes, Injuries Are The Only Real Concern for 2016 Mets


Of course, I'm elated about the Cespedes deal, even if it ends up being for only one year with that opt-out in his contract. Seeing both Cespedes and Daniel Murphy in a Nationals uniform would've been devastating, much less what they would've contributed to the Washington's lineup against the Mets for 19 games during the regular season. And I'm still concerned about how David Wright's back holds up as well as a 2-time illegal druggie like Jenry Mejia getting yet another shot with us. But I love the new additions to the bullpen (tho Tyler Clippard is still there unsigned and could be a huge contributor just like he was last year, before the playoffs), the starting pitching staff is one of, if not the best in the majors and tho I'll miss Murphy, I'd still like to think that our starting infield is an upgrade from last year defensively. Have some concerns about our bench and an adequate backup for Lucas Duda at 1st base, but barring a major injury, I'm pretty set with our roster for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment