Sunday, November 1, 2015

Terry Collins Using Jeurys Familia In Game 3 Cost the Mets Game 4


I wish that I had blogged about it then so I don't like I'm second-guessing, but the proof is there as I did tweet about this incredulous move when it happened: it made absolutely ZERO sense for Terry Collins to use his closer Jeurys Familia in Game 3, up 6 freaking runs in the 9th inning. Using Familia, just so he could get back out there after blowing Game 1 was just bad managing. Going with Hansel Robles to finish Game 3 would've made far more sense. Yes, Daniel Murphy's error was a huge blow to us losing Game 4 as was Tyler Clippard's two walks in the 8th. But IMO Collins deserves the most blame because if he had Familia on proper rest, the Mets closer/best relief pitcher starts the 8th and goes two innings instead of the 'formula' of Reed/Clippard/Familia.

No comments:

Post a Comment